By Licensed Attorney
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
SUFFERED BROKEN BONES & FRACTURES AFTER AN ACCIDENT?
HELPING SERIOUSLY INJURED INDIVIDUALS THROUGHOUT CA
Broken bones are relatively common injuries. As strong as bones are, the wrong pressure from the wrong angle can cause a break or fracture. Children are more likely to suffer from broken bones, both because of their younger age and higher activity level but also due to the type of accidents they are commonly involved in, such as bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Elderly individuals are also especially susceptible to broken bone injuries from trips and fall because of their frail bones, osteoporosis, and the fact that they don’t heal as well as younger people.
Unfortunately, some broken bones lead to complications which can, in turn, necessitate further medical attention. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, B&D Law Group, APLC can help you take legal action against the liable parties. Our California broken bone injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured individuals throughout the state. Find out how we can help you.
Call (888) 977-2238 or fill out and submit an online contact form to get started with your free initial consultation.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately After a Broken Bone
What starts with a loud cracking or snapping sound, signaling a broken bone, often leads to swelling, bruising, and possibly bleeding. All of this is typically accompanied by excruciating pain, suffering, and anguish. The first thing a victim of a broken bone accident should do is immobilize the broken bone, immediately call an ambulance, and go to the hospital in order to prevent any further damage from the broken bone.
There are different types of breaks or fractures, including:
- Open Fracture – Where pieces of the broken bone are sticking out through the skin
- Closed Fracture – Where the broken bone is contained within unbroken skin
- Simple Fracture – Where the bone is broken in only one place
- Compound Fractures – Where the bone is broken in more than one place
- Displaced Fractures – Where the bones have moved out of their normal alignment with each other
- Non-displaced Fractures – Where the bone is broken but the pieces are still aligned
- Hairline Fractures – Where the fine fracture does not go all the way through the bone
- Spiral Fracture – Where the bone is fractured as a result of twisting force
- Comminuted Fracture – Where the bone is broken and shattered into several pieces
- Stress Fractures – A fracture that results over time due to repeated stresses and forces.
- Greenstick Fracture – Common in children, where the bone is cracked on one side but not broken all the way through
- Buckle Fracture – Common in children, where the bone bends instead of breaking
When to Seek Help From an Attorney
If your broken bone injury required extensive medical treatment or a lengthy healing process, you may need to speak to an attorney in order to recover the compensation you are owed for your medical expenses. You should also discuss your case with an attorney if you are having trouble recovering the full, fair amount you are owed from the liable insurance party.
Broken bone accidents are unique in that many such accidents are treated with a single visit to the emergency room and a follow-up with a doctor. Insurance companies will use the quick healing process to belittle and minimize the injuries and value of your fractured bone. Insurance adjusters will often pressure claimants to settle their claim quickly and before the victim has is aware of the true extent of their injuries.
More complicated cases require surgeries or “open reductions” where hardware, such as screws and plates, may be placed surgically to hold the broken bone in place. These types of injuries can require repeated surgeries and lengthy rehabilitation and therapy. They can also result in permanent partial disability.
Reach Out to B&D Law Group Today
The skilled California broken bone injury lawyers at B&D Law Group understand how to prosecute your broken bone accident claim. Our attorneys often work with expert orthopedic doctors and surgeons, physical therapists, and rehabilitation professionals in order to get our clients the maximum compensation they are owed.
We understand that these types of injuries can have a major impact on your life, affecting your ability to work, attend school, drive, and go about your normal routine. Our goal is to help you recover as much as possible and move forward with your life.